Thursday, February 25, 2010



Hi, I haven't written for awhile. We have been busy.




On Tuesday we went to the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History. I saw replicas of the Santa Maria and the Nina. These were Columbus' ships. They were built for the 500th anniversary of Columbus discovering America. They were built just like the originals. They were built in Spain and actually sailed to the US in 1992.




I was surprised at how little the ships really were. Especially after visisting the Lexington. There was not much space for all of those people to live.




There were other neat things at the museum too. Like stuff they pulled up from a real ship wreck in the 1530's. Some of the oldest shipwreck items in America. They also had a dinosaur area, an area where you can learn about the different types of Sea Shells, a rock area, and some cool cowboy history stuff.




Yesterday we started home. We got as far as Galveston Texas. We saw alot of damage on the way here. We wondered what it was from. The lady at the campground told us it was from Hurricane Ike. That happened on September 13th, 2008. We saw a movie of the hurricane and photos of what the campground looked like from the storm. They seem to have cleaned up much faster than Katrina.




We have decided to spend the day exploring Galviston.




I am missing you at MCA. BRAYDON.

1 comment: